“Juniors are the Future of the game! We are happy to offer young kids and teens the opportunity to learn a game that they can enjoy and play for the rest of their lives. Come and join us at the Seaforth Golf Club this summer. You won’t regret it.”
Take a Kid to the Course Week is TBD for 2020. There will be FREE Clinics for Juniors Monday-Friday from 9am-10am. Juniors golf free the entire week when accompanied by a paying adult or member.
Junior Buddy Day is TBD for 2020 – 9 holes of golf where an adult plays with a junior buddy followed but hot dogs, drinks, dessert and prizes after golf!
- Junior Morning is Every Tuesday throughout the summer from 9am-12pm.
- 9 Sessions for $99 (inc.hst) – or pay by the week $17.50each
- See more details below or call the proshop any time @ 519-522-0985.
JUNIOR MORNING 2019
Welcome to Seaforth Golf Club’s Junior Morning. Our goal is to help young golfers learn about golf. WE believe youngsters should learn the basics of a good golf swing as well as the etiquette & traditions of the game. Juniors do not have to be members of Seaforth G.C. to participate in our Junior Morning Program. We look forward to having you join us for a fun summer!
Junior Morning is Tuesdays at 9:00 am sharp. Youngsters (not the parents) sign up in pro shop by 8:45. Parents please note – if your youngster is biking or walking here then it is their responsibility to be here on time but if they are relying on a ride from you – then you are responsible for getting him/her here on time so that they can sign in and not miss anything.
The lesson is followed by golf with varying formats. Juniors not taking part in the golf should be picked up at 10:15 otherwise 12:00 is pick up time. We do not babysit so please be here on time.
SGC members under 16 who opt out of junior morning (lesson and/or golf) are not allowed on the course & all junior golfers must be off the course by 3:30 for Tuesday Men’s Night.
- Cost – no charge for members of SGC, non-members pay $10.00 for the group lesson plus $7.50 for the golf portion of the morning (Prepayment option for full season is at bottom of sheet).
- Dress code is – no cut off shorts, no tank tops, no sandals or baseball/soccer cleats!
- Hats and sunscreen are highly recommended.
- Most juniors do not need a full set of clubs and can participate with a 7 iron and a putter most days. We have very few rental sets but can often supply what your child will need for the lessons.
- Bikes must go in the bike rack. Please bike through the main entrance carefully & quietly.
- Juniors who misbehave will be sent home whether they are members or not.
A total of 9 junior mornings can be paid in advance by July 12 for $99.00 (inc.hst) for lessons & golf (SAVING $57.50) You must pay either weekly price or the total package. (No partial payments of total package)
JUNIOR GOLF DATES AND DETAILS
- Junior Morning OPENING DAY TUESDAY JULY 7th & EVERY TUESDAY UNTIL AUGUST 27th
JULY 21st-2nd is TAKE A KID TO THE COURSE WEEK and this event is sponsored by SGC & the National Golf Course Owners Association as well as other corporations.
There will be FREE instructional clinics each day Monday – Friday at 9:00 AM for all juniors.
Please register for each clinic in the Proshop before and then meet at putting green in parking lot.
Junior golfers 16 & under can play a FREE ROUND OF GOLF during the week when accompanied by a paying adult or adult member (one adult /child)
Sunday July 7th is Junior Buddy Day sponsored by SGC – 9 holes of golf at 1 p.m. – An adult plays with a junior buddy followed by hot dogs, drinks, dessert and prizes after golf.