Welcome to the Seaforth Golf Club
Seaforth Golf Club is a mature and challenging golf course, with the rich tradition of hospitality and friendliness of small town Ontario. The course is located on 100 unspoiled, un-crowded and uncommonly beautiful acres in the heart of southwestern Ontario.
Whether you are a serious golfer or simply looking for an occasional enjoyable round the 18 hole par 71 course which was redesigned in 2005 by Canadian Golf Hall of Fame member, Dan Halldorson, will exceed your expectations. Golfers love the flow of our layout! This well groomed, mature course is a perennial favourite for tournaments of all sizes, and always lives up to a promise of pure golfing pleasure for all who come to play. We have named the holes and you’ll enjoy the stories behind the naming.
In these times of recession – do the math! Golf at Seaforth Golf Club is a great deal when you consider the amount of time you can spend here during the summer! It’s also a great family place with golf opportunities for moms and kids too! We have leagues for ladies, men, seniors, juniors & couples so check us out and join the club!
For your added enjoyment we offer a practice range, putting and chipping greens, and a 90 yard pitching area so golfers can dial in their wedges. Electric riding carts are available and you can book your tee time in advance by phone or online. Group and individual lessons are available for those who wish to lower their handicaps. We also have a well stocked pro shop, great banquet hall, a deck overlooking the 9th &18th greens, a large outdoor patio & barbecue with delicious food served daily.
The Pro shop and golf course are open as follows:
Spring Hours: Until June 30th
Weekdays and Weekends: 8:00am until 6:00pm or 1 hour before dark
Summer Hours: Until August 31st
Weekdays and Weekends: 7:00am until 8:00pm or 1 hour before dark
Fall Hours: After September 1st
Weekdays and Weekends: 8:00am to 6:00pm or 1 hour before dark
Winter Hours: November 1st to December 24th
Clubhouse is open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 9am-5pm
- Upstairs is open for lunch Thursdays and Fridays 11:30-2pm
Club house closed December 25th to April 1st
**All hours are weather permitting**
Neat and casual – Men’s shirts must have sleeves. Ladies shirts may be sleeveless but tank tops, tube tops, midriff and backless tops are not appropriate. Shorts for both men and women should be moderate in length and must be hemmed. The same is true for blue jeans – they must be hemmed and without holes. Golf shoes with soft spikes or smooth soled running shoes only please!
Members please inform your guests of our dress code to avoid embarrassment for all involved.
Familiarize yourself with the etiquette of golf and the policies of SGC:
- Book your tee time ahead if possible – by phone or here on our website
- Register and sign in at the Pro Shop before you go to the tee – this is to inform all golfers of any changes to the normal course routine.
- Begin on # 1 unless otherwise instructed by the pro shop staff or starter
- Play the golf course in the correct sequence – no cutting in or jumping holes
- Maximum four per group – maximum two power carts per group
- Dress code is in effect
- Members please post scores following your round – we can help you if required
While on the golf course please remember:
- Let faster players play through (step aside and wave them through)
- Be ready when it’s your turn to play
- Remain quiet and still while others are playing their shot
- Always play safe
- Invite a single player to join you on your round
- Shake hands at the completion of your round
- For riding golfers – power carts should remain on paths around tees & greens
- Our LLBO license means you must be of age and purchase drinks from SGC only.
We share the golf facility with many others during the round so observation of the following tips is appreciated:
- Never play a shot when those in front of you are within range
- Be aware of players off to the side and on other fairways at all times
- Never swing a club if someone is standing nearby
- Yell, “FORE!!!” if you think your ball may strike someone
- Cover your head with your hands and duck down if you hear, “FORE!!!”
- Operate golf carts as any vehicle – safety first – you must have a valid licence
- Consult our bulletin board for tips on LIGHTNING:
– If you hear one long siren blast you must seek shelter immediately
– If you don’t hear the siren but become aware of an approaching storm please advise the pro shop ASAP
– Wear your sunscreen and a hat whenever you’re golfing
We all love our pets and although the golf course offers wide open spaces for dogs to run please remember that –
DOG WALKING IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE GOLF COURSE DURING GOLF SEASON – APRIL 1 – NOV. 15